Hello, bookworms! I was tagged by my amazing friend, Jay@This Is My Truth Now for this Would You Rather (Summer)? Tag recently. I’m way behind doing awards and tag posts, but I’m attempting to make a dent in my backlog of Tag posts!
Thank you, Jay for tagging me! But I must say – How wicked you are to torture me with these tags that require a lot of brain power! (joking, joking)
All righty, enough of my yakkin’, let’s get started!
Disclaimer: I am generally notorious for lengthy answers, but I gather rapid-fire sort of answers will work for this tag!
Would you rather…
- live in a tree house or a castle?
Gosh, it’s actually a toss-up between those two… hard to choose! But taking hygiene issues into account, I would rather live in a castle where everything will be kept crisp and clean! (Not because I want to be a princess or anything. I am not that girly lol)
- be able to sing beautifully or dance beautifully?
Dance beautifully. I love watching Dance videos. I could watch videos like this for hours.
That said, it would be wonderful if you have such a perfect control of your voice like this.
- ride a horse or a camel?
Horse! Definitely! I have never ridden a horse, so horseback riding has been on my bucket list!
- know a fairy or a unicorn?
Another tough question… but fairy! It’s kind of magical, is it not?
- have a backyard that was a huge bounce house or a huge ball pit?
- travel or stay home?
Stay home (and read uninterrupted, please). I’m such a recluse!
- be able to fly or be able to breathe under water?
Fly. I don’t need to be amphibious.
- know where you’re going or have it be a surprise?
That depends. But knowing is always reassuring.
- be on a boat or on an airplane?
Airplane! I love to be on the plane (window seat, please) and look at the fluffy, beautiful white clouds. Boat might make me seasick.
- be able to see in the dark or be able to never get tired?
Be able to see in the dark. What’s the benefit of never getting tired for people like me who doesn’t even want to move! (haha)
- go on a vacation to the beach or to the mountains?
Mountains. Beach is actually not my thing. I am never a good swimmer, besides, I hate getting hot/sweaty.
- have picnics in the forest or in the park?
In the park. Forest sounds amazing and therapeutic, but I don’t want to run into snakes or other scary wild animals!
- swim in the ocean or swim in a pool?
Pool. At least I know the depth of the pool and that I’m safe.
- be a dolphin or a cheetah?
Dolphin. No particular reason. I love the look of the cheetah, though!
- be able to make people laugh or be able to make people trust you?
Trust me. You don’t need to be super funny to make friends and forge good relationships with others, but having no one trust you can be quite lonely and sad.
- be surprised by a present or be able to pick what you get?
Pick. That’s a win-win situation for the both party.
- eat popsicles or watermelon?
Popsicles. I am not a massive fan of watermelons or melons.
- go camping or stay in a hotel?
Hotel. For the reason, see #1
- do art or read?
- experience an epic waterslide or an epic zip line?
Zip line, any day. Providing that the ropes are safe and sound.
- Have an unlimited money for Ebooks, or a 5,000 dollar B&N giftcard?
Unlimited supply of money is always good.
- Meet any deceased poet, or J.K. Rowling?
- Write the world’s most famous book, or visit the world of your favorite book for one day?
Visit my favorite fictional world. I have no desire to write my own novel. I’d rather read good books than write them myself.
- Choose Jack or Peter? (Insert characters from your favorite fictional love triangle)
I basically don’t like love triangles, so I cannot choose!
- Experience Hogwarts in a very realistic and accurate virtual reality, or travel around the world for a year, at no cost.
Travel the world at no cost. How could I possibly pass that up?
1.) what book cover makes you think of summer?
The Summers of Good Intentions (I haven’t read it yet though!)
2.) What book has brightened your day?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke. Nice and cozy.
3.) Find a book cover with yellow on it
Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris (which is conveniently in my TBR)
4.) What is your favorite summer beach read?
Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass
5.) What action book had you running for the ice cream man?
I don’t think I have ever read action book. So I’ll pass this one…
6.) (Sunburn) what book has left you with a bad and/or painful ending?
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. The epilogue literally wrecked me!!! Beautiful yet so pensive.
7.) (Sunset) What book gave you the happiest feelings when it ended?
I tend to forget what feelings I was left with once I move on to the next book.
So hard to pick, but I’d say a toss-up between Any Dream Will Do by Debbie Macomber or Make Me Yours by Rebecca Brooks??
8.) What book cover reminds you of a sunset?
Rules of the Road by Joan Bauer. For no particular reason…
9.) What is one book or series you hope to read this summer?
Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell, and Hannah Swenson series by Joanne Fluke.
I don’t know how many of you have been tagged for this and I don’t want to bombard you with bunches of tags, so I’ll tag anyone who wants to participate! Yes, you’ve been tagged!!
Thank you so much for dropping by as always!
I’ll see you very soon, and until then, take care and happy reading!