I initially didn’t even plan to participate any reading challenges or readathons this month (you know how bad I am at sticking to my own TBR), but I decided to participate in The Holiday Adventure-A-Thon!
I stumbled upon this readathon at the wonderful Kathy@Books & Munches and I thought it is a great idea to squeeze as many diverse books as possible 🙂
This readathon runs from December 13th through the 24th. I’m not a fast reader, but I want to jump on the bandwagon once and for all, I’m sure it’s going to be mighty fun!
Here are the rules and the prompts you can use:
- Begin at the bottom.
- As you follow the path you will come across sign posts, these sign posts will give you your challenge instructions.
- Sometimes the signposts will simply give you your prompt. Other times you will have to choose between two different prompts.
- If you have to choose between two prompts, you will then follow the path in the direction of your chosen prompt.
- At no point should you ever be moving DOWN the map. You should always be moving from the bottom to the top.
- Continue up the map until you reach the end of the path.
- To save space, the signposts only have the theme word of the prompt written. The full prompts can be found in the table below.
- At the end of the path your character will be waiting for you! There are four characters in total.
★PRESENTS: Read a book that you got as a gift
Technically, I haven’t received this book YET I am going to when I meet up with my bookish friend this Sunday (December 10th). She raved about this book so much and the theme of the book seems to be pretty heavy and compelling.
★SANTA: Read a book with red on the cover
I bought this book months ago but I haven’t gotten around to reading it. I think I will take advantage of this readathon and actually pick it up and see if I like it!
★WONDER: Read a book based on a holiday
I borrowed this book from Kindle Unlimited early November and it’s been almost a month since I checked this out. I think I need to read this one like ASAP and return it so that I can borrow some more 😀
★COOKIES: Read a book while eating a festive food
For me, festive food at this time of year means decadent sweets like cakes.
I shouldn’t have taken this path that demands that I have a snack while reading, but a sweets-related cozy mystery and whatever types of cake should make a perfect match and I am kind of happy with this pairing. (I need to watch my weight though!)
★NICE: Read a book that a friend or family member recommended to you
I’m going to pick up either of them depending on my mood. The Memory of Butterflies was recommended by Shalini@Book Reviews by Shalini and November 9 was vehemently recommended by Misty@mistybookspace 🙂 Can’t decide at the moment!
★JINGLE BELLS: Read a book with the word ‘Silver’ in the title
Let’s throw a Classic book in the mix, shall we? I read this book last year but my memory is already vague, so I am going to revisit this fantastic world once again 🙂
★PENGUIN: Read a contemporary book
Again, it totally depends on my mood and I don’t think I will get this far, but should a miracle happen, I will pick up either of them. Let’s see how the wind blows!
That’s it, guys! These are my TBR for The Holiday Adventure-A-Thon.
It’s as clear as daylight that I will fail to read everything, but I hope that I can at least make a dent in my ever-growing TBR!
How about you? Are you participating in this readathon, too?
Comment below and let me know!
Thank you for stopping by as always, and I’ll see you again in my next post 🙂