To my great surprise, (I know this phrase is getting old…) I was nominated for this amazing award for the second time by sweet and amazing Lost Purple Quill the other day!
She and I got to know each other for a couple of weeks ago and she’s been so sweet right from the beginning – if you haven’t already, please go check out her blog, it is simply AMAZING. Her book reviews are so beautifully written at the same time, visceral and evocative at times. She is now one of the bloggers I really look up to as a book blogger (#humbled!), thank you so much once again for the nomination!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions the person asked you
3. Nominate 11 people (comment on their blog to let them know)
4. Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
1. If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Tough question!! Although my absolute favorite color is pink, but given my age and I am only getting old from now onwards… I’d pick purple for my choice, no, wait! Brown??? Yes, let’s settle with brown. It’s basic and gives off a warm vibe. I like it.
2. What’s your favorite kind of weather?
I like fine, clear weather (but not too hot as you can guess). Clear blue skies with no clouds would be perfect 🙂
3. What’s your ideal place to read?
When I read a book, I want peace and quiet. So, probably in my room sitting on my couch.
You would think libraries are quiet too and I do give you on that one, BUT sometimes people… snore or chitchat in whispery voices and that actually gets on my nerves. When I mean quiet, I want it to be absolutely quiet.
4. What’s your favorite candy?
Being Japanese, I only have vague idea what it means by ‘candy,’ and I assume it means ‘chocolate’ and ‘caramels.’ (You might be surprised, but in Japan, ‘candy’ means so-called ‘hard candy’ as you can see in the picture below.
Since I’m not a massive fan of caramels, I’ll only talk about chocolate and my favorite kind is dark chocolate. White chocolate?? Ughh, no. I wouldn’t even call it as ‘chocolate.’ Weird as it might sound, but that’s what I am.
5. If you could bring a mythological creature to life, what would it be?
Pegasus! Hands down. I’ve always wanted to straddle a Pegasus and fly across the sky. That would be absolutely fantastic. If I could realize it, I probably wouldn’t want to go back down to earth nor back to reality lol
6. If you could have dinner with an author, who would it be?
I’m currently reading History Is All You Left Me and I’m completely enthralled by its beautiful, visceral writing. If I could sit down at the same table with Adam Silvera, I would definitely jump at the opportunity and ask him how he could possibly pull off writing such magical, beautiful lines as well as packing such a strong punch.
7. If you could have dinner with a book character, who would it be?
Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia. I love lions (I was a massive fan of The Lion King particularly Mufasa) and Aslan always offers words of wisdom. The metaphorical talks and messages might be a bit over my head, but I would absolutely devour every single word his has to say.
8. If you were famous for something, what would you like it to be?
That’s another tough question… I don’t think I have any special talent or flair that would make me jump out (I basically have absolutely no confidence in myself), I would be happily settled for being the way I am, I don’t particularly seek popularity nor fame. I don’t want to be super-conceited, I want to stay honest and humble.
9. Do you have any pets?
I no longer do, but I used to have a Shiba mutt when I was a kid. He lived about 13 years but died when I was in junior college due to old age. Although we all failed to train him and he would often wander away, I loved him in my own way and sobbed a lot when he died.
Upon his passing, we decided not to have pets anymore because it’s so sad when they perish.
10. What is your favorite mode of transportation?
Airplanes. My first occupation after junior college was an assistant flight operation officer for a Japanese airline company. I always love the moment when the airplane takes off, it’s exhilarating and love the feelings of buoyancy. The longer the flight, the better. I like airports, too. They give me some getaway feels 🙂
11. What is your favorite book genre?
I’m not so big on genres or categories, but I think I’m always leaning toward YA because they tend to be very emotional-driven and I love books that break my heart (again, sounds weird, I know). As long as it is heart-breaking and gut-wrenching, it doesn’t matter whatever genre it is. I know I will LOVE it.
This time, I picked up the bloggers that I recently got to know and whose blogs I’m really enjoying. If any of you wants to participate, consider yourself tagged and dive in!
As always, if you don’t do awards, feel free to skip it. Just remember that I really appreciate all your work that goes into your blog 😀
My questions to the nominees:
I know I’m cheating here, but pardon my lack of creative genes – I’ll ask my nominees some of the questions that my nominator asked me and some from my previous nomination.
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Other than blogging, what are your passions in life? (name the top 1).
- Suppose you won a huge windfall that would surely last the rest of your life, what would you do with the money?
- What is your ideal place to read?
- If you could have dinner with an author, who would it be?
- If you could have dinner with a book character, who would it be?
- Which of the following do you see yourself fit as a reader – having multiple books going at the same time or single-mindedly focusing on one book?
- How would you describe yourself in a few words?
- If you were famous for something, what would you like it to be?
- Tell us the name of the city (or place) you have never visited but desperately want to.
- Give me one thing that is on your bucket list (or thing you really want to do in your lifetime).
That is it! Thank you so much for reading and your support.
I’ll talk to you all again soon!