Now I’ve really started to sound like a broken record – but I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Mischenko@ReadRantRock&Roll! This is simply unbelievable, I feel truly blessed and humbled to be nominated for this amazing award! Thank you so much Mischenko for even thinking of me 🙂
If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, I highly recommend you do so. Her posts runs the gamut… Food recipes, music and most importantly (for me) book reviews! It’s highly entertaining.
What is the Liebster Award? (Excerpt from Michenko’s blog)
“Liebster” is a German word meaning beloved, dearest, sweetheart, or darling.
For bloggers, the Liebster Award is an online recognition given by other bloggers to new bloggers for enjoying or appreciating their work. It highlights up and coming blogs.
Once nominated, a blogger is asked to answer 11 questions provided by the nominating blogger. They are then expected to nominate 11 other favorite new bloggers and come up with a list of 11 new questions for those nominees.
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions from Mischenko
1. Do you consider yourself an artist in any way when it comes to music, art, crafts, or hobbies?
Absolutely NOT. I’m completely lacking the so-called “creative-gene”; I couldn’t possibly create anything from scratch. It’s incredibly hard for me to even come up with an idea! I can’t play any musical instruments, nor can I read music scores, I cannot paint, the only thing that I can handle is crocheting. It’s much simpler than knitting.
2. What’s your favorite type of music or your favorite band?
I basically listen to whatever genre as long as it strikes a code with me, but I would say my favorite type of music is Classic Rock or Westcoast AOR. I have a big brother 7 years older than me and he would listen to such music AN AWFUL LOT and his taste in music seemed to have rubbed off on me.
My favorite band is TOTO. I experienced my very first VIP Meet and Greet with them last March and boy, IT WAS HEAVEN!! They’ll probably be coming back to Japan next year and I cannot wait.
3. What’s your favorite thing to do?
Obviously, reading with watching YouTube/NetFlix/Hulu a close second. When I can have the entire weekend all to myself and get to read, it makes me extremely happy 🙂
4. Tell us something interesting about yourself.
I’m not sure if this can be ‘interesting,’ but I was born to a Buddhist priest and have probably seen way higher numbers of Buddhist monks than you have in your life lol
But then again, I have a big brother who already took over the temple, so I only know so much about temples or Buddhism/rituals as you do… (which means, don’t ask!)
5. Does blogging ever stress you out?
If struggling with making posts on books counts, yes. I seem to have been in a huge writing slump lately and what I assumed would be easy-peasy often ends up taking like forever.
But I have never considered quitting blogging now that I got to know all of you – my fellow bloggers! (sounds a bit presumptuous of me to say though). Thank you so much for enriching my life ♥
6. Do you like to cook?
I do. But it doesn’t seem to be translated into my cooking skills as well as I would have liked…
7. What’s your favorite reading genre?
It’s so hard to choose! Can you let me off the hook by saying, ‘I love emotionally charged books that will shatter me’?
8. Are you on Goodreads?
Yes! I joined Goodreads in April 2014, you can find me here if you’re intersted 😉
9. Do you like where you live?
I once wanted to move to big cities like Tokyo to meet many more people and explore my potential, but a lot of complications got in the way and I gave up on that.
I used to regret having chosen to stay here, but I now think I’m being here for a reason; this must be the place for me (at least for now).
Here’s the sneak peak of where I’m living: taken from a popular tourist attraction.
10. What kinds of foods do you like to eat?
Italian, Chinese and I really want to try authentic American food such as burgers.
And most importantly, desserts like cookies, muffins and donuts!
11. What’s your favorite season?
I would say Fall, because the climate is just perfect for me who tends to get hot so easily. Summer in Japan is just a nightmare for me… The mid-Fall would be perfect; it’s not too warm, it’s not too cold… and I get to wear a lot of brown and purple which are my favorite colors (other than pink).
Although I’ve been blogging over 9 months now, I think it’s only last month that I started to proactively interact with other bloggers. For that reason, please allow me to nominate only a handful of people most of whom I’ve been tagging a lot lately… sorry! I’m trying to make my circle of friends bigger!
- Book Reviews by Shalini
- Carissa Reads It All
- Book Mojo
- The Critique Chemist
- Books Teacup and Reviews
- Stephanie’s Novel and Fiction
- Coffee Doll Chronicles
If you have done this award or don’t want to, please do not feel pressure to do it. I just wanted you all know that I’ve been having so much fun to read your posts!
My 11 questions to the nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Other than blogging, what are your passions in life? (name the top 1).
- Suppose you won a huge windfall that would surely last the rest of your life, what would you do with the money?
- What is your favorite place to read?
- Give me your tips to stay awake and keep reading at night when you’re awfully sleepy.
- Which of the following do you see yourself fit as a reader – having multiple books going at the same time or single-mindedly focusing on one book?
- How would you describe yourself in a few words?
- Are you athletic or good at sports? (because I’m NOT; I’m curious!)
- What is your go-to method to vent your stress?
- Tell us the name of the city (or place) you have never visited but desperately want to.
- Give me one thing that is on your bucket list (or thing you really want to do in your lifetime).
It’s been such an honor to receive this recognition and it’s been tough but so much fun to answer/come with these questions!
Thank you so much for reading and your support, I’ll talk to you again soon!