Despite my steadfast pledge that I made after my Out-of-Control Book Haul, I did it again;
I ended up buying a lot more books than I initially anticipated.
Although it wasn’t that I bought all of them in one go, I bought them in the span of two months from April to May, but I’ll lump them up and show you what I got 🙂
In no particular order, I got:
- My Sweet Revenge by Jane Fallon
- After I Do: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Watermelon by Marian Keyes
- The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist
- The Vintage Teacup Club. by Vanessa Greene
- Most Secret by Nevil Shute
- No Safe House by Linwood Barclay
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Keeper of Lost Things: A Novel by Ruth Hogan
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers) by Becky Chambers
- The Public Image (New Directions Paperbook) by Muriel Spark
- Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
- Another Summer: A Beach House Novel by Georgia Bockoven
- All the Good Parts by Loretta Nyhan
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Five Go Glamping: An adventure in the countryside for grown ups by Liz Tipping
- 1984 (Signet Classics) by George Orwell
- Cloudstreet: A Novel by Tim Winton
- The Quaker Café (A Quaker Cafe Novel) by Brenda Bevan Remmes
Being prone to mood swings, my taste in books and inclination tend to swing depending on my mood; one day I’m madly in love and all about YA and the next day I do a completely 180 and turn my back against it. I know it doesn’t make a ton of sense, but that’s the way I am as a reader 😦
In other words, I’m inclined to read whatever genres or books once I get interested and tend to buy a lot of books without knowing much about the synopsis.
It can be the main plot/core of the story, or, it can be the cover that draws my attention.
Whatever the reason is, I more often than not bend my rules and end up buying books. And I just can’t stop it.
As you can see, I ended up buying as many as 19 books (once again) in two months from April to May.
But seriously, how could I not buy books having read or watched so many great reviews up both on BookTube and this book blog community??? At least 4 books have been added to my already too long wish list within a week… Too many temptations to resist. Utterly impossible. It’s so much fun though!
Anyways, that concludes (probably) my April & May book haul!
Thanks for reading as always.
Happy reading! XD